Thursday, May 7, 2009

Moses Stroup Jr Daughters







We believe these ladies are the daughters of Moses Stroup Jr. (1838-1920). We have identified a couple, if you recognise any of the others let us know. We think this photo was taken at the celebration of Laura Beatrice Stroup Kiser and her husband Dr. William Caswell Kiser's 60th wedding anniversary. It was taken in Cherryville, N.C. in 1940.


Mike Stroupe




29 May 2009


We have identified all the ladies but one. I would love to know who the small boy is.

2 comments:

  1. If I may add some corrections to the narrative, and provide attribution for my information. This was taken on March 26th, 1940 on the 50th anniversary of Will and Beatrice Kiser's wedding anniversary. I have other photos from this celebration, one of which has the date on it. Furthermore, I have the family bible that was purchased on the occasion of their wedding anniversary, 26 Mar 1890. My mother, daughter of Will and Beatrice's youngest daughter Ilese, attended this event, which was held at the Kiser family home in Reepsville, Lincoln Co., NC. Furthermore, she recognizes from the photos the house in the background of the photos, which was located 2 doors away from where she grew up (labeled Bolinger residence on map at < http://bit.ly/sRbEH >).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that the boy in the background is John Lyman Kiser, grandson of Beatrice < http://bit.ly/kfrXH >. I have a photo of his family taken about that same time, and I am pretty confident that they look the same.

    FYI, as I was looking through my albums to try and identify the boy in the background, I noticed that I have a photo of the same grouping of women (from a different perspective). My mother, granddaughter of Beatrice, had identified the woman on the left in the back row as Hallie B. Kiser (nee Stroup). I will ask her about how confident she is about this, when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete