Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cherryville Gray Rock School 1909-1910


This is a photo of the Gray Rock School in Cherryville around 1909 or 1910. As you can see there are many different aged children in the class. All of my Cherryville family attended this school including my Grandfather Alfred plus my Great Aunts and Uncles. I still have my Grandfathers slate board that he wrote his assignments on. Below is the list of students. The Stroup girls are my Aunts.


GRAY ROCK SCHOOL (19—) (1874-1921)
First Row, seated, l to r: Evelyn Dellinger, Dora Allen, Della Stroup, Lillian Stroup, Mae Dellinger, Edith and Ethel Henry (twins), Jane Dellinger, Ray Styers, Conley Kiser, and Jenkins Henry.

Second Row: George Kiser in front of Charlie Dellinger, behind Charlie is Paul Styers, Vada Putnam, Rose Dellinger, Laura Wacaster, Addie Delllnger, Belva Allen, Bedie Dellinger, Elizabeth Stroup, Annie Henry, Will Henry, and the teacher Mr. Jesse Caldwell.


Third Row: Henry Dellinger, Howard Henry, Virgil Sisk, Carla Dellinger, Durham Dellinger, Lee Wacaster, Henry Putnam, Marion Garrison, and Fred Dellinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment