Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome

I'm not really sure what we are going to do with this. My current plan is to post daily things I'm working on and things I find interesting. Sid Stroupe hopefully will be making posts to this blog. Sid spends most of his time researching Abner "Ab" Stroup's family but now assists me in working on Stroup Family tree on Ancestry. We currently have over 6,000 names in our tree.



1. I just finished updating the Texas Stroups on our Ancestry tree. A kind lady in Texas has agreed to update our Texas Index.



2. I'm still working on the North Carolina Stroups in the Civil War. Some things I have discovered are:

a. We had one Stroup who served on the CSS Virginia (formally Merrimac).

b. A lot of men deserted but returned to their units. I suspect this was because they returned to tend crops or maybe a family illness.

c. One Stroup was present when the South surrendered.
Cousin,
Mike Stroupe

2 comments:

  1. Mike --- a blog ---- exactly what we "Stroup(e) Followers" needed. Great Idea! Of course I will be posting soon. Stay tuned ...
    sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike...enjoyed this blog. I think this is a great idea, too. I was a little sad to hear we had a relative mixed up with the Klan. Sounds like he wised up pretty quickly. I guess when you research you find all kinds of things "in the closet". Thanks for taking the time to create this! Nancy Jane

    ReplyDelete